St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy Student Code of Conduct 2015
* ALL PUPILS ARE EXPECTED TO BEHAVE IN A RESPONSIBLE MANNER BOTH TO THEMSELVES AND OTHERS, SHOWING CONSIDERATION, COURTESY AND RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND TO THE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT AT ALL TIMES.
* ALL STUDENTS MUST READ THE CODE OF CONDUCT AND HAVE IT SIGNED BY THEIR FORM TUTOR. THEIR OWN SIGNATURE WILL DEMONSTRATE THEIR UNDERSTANDING AND AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE AGREED CODE.
* THE CONTRACT MUST BE RETURNED TO SCHOOL BY ALL STUDENTS IMMEDIATELY
* THE LPM AND YEAR TEAM WILL KEEP THE CODE OF CONDUCT FOR REFERENCE
As a student at SMWCA I will:
* Be at my classroom at the beginning of each day for 8.45am, with the correct equipment and uniform for the school day. This includes the correct use of jewellery.
* Move quietly about the corridors and stairs, in single file, keeping to the left.
* Speak politely and treat all members of the community with respect at all times.
* Report to the School Reception to sign in if I am late. I will try very hard to be on time for lessons and have my planner and equipment with me every day. Students who lose their planners must purchase a replacement one from Mrs Pritchard for £3 as soon as possible.
* Bring a note from my parent/carer granting permission for me to leave school, and then sign out at the School Reception before departure, if I need to be absent during the school day. After any period of absence, I will bring a note explaining my absence and hand it in to my form teacher.
* Try very hard to be on time for all of my lessons so that I am present for the register in class. I will always let my subject teacher know where I am. I will ALWAYS go to my lesson FIRST.
* Respect the school environment, follow school rules and take care of the buildings and resources. I will make every effort to ensure that I tidy up the area where I have worked. I will pick up litter if I see any in front of me.
* Remember to log off and leave IT equipment orderly for the next user.
* Line up outside a learning space at the beginning of each lesson in an orderly and calm manner. My uniform will be smart.
* Enter the classroom in a quiet, orderly manner and listen for instructions. If a visitor enters the classroom I will stand up.
* Use my planner appropriately, record and complete all homework.
* Eat food only in the dining room or allowed designated area.
* Not eat chewing gum in school.
* Not leave the lesson unless the teacher signs my planner and gives me permission.
* Not leave the class at the end of the lesson until I am directed to.
* Under no circumstances bring into school banned or illegal items or substances, knives, blades, weapons or anything which could be deemed to be dangerous. Alcohol, tobacco, cigarettes, matches, lighters etc. are equally unacceptable.
* Not sell items in school
* Not bring to school valuable items such as mobile phones and iPods. If I do, I realise that they are my responsibility. SMWCA is not responsible for replacing lost or stolen goods. I understand that if I am seen using my mobile phone on the school premises, then I will expect the item to be confiscated for the set period of time as determined in the school telephone policy:
-First offence, the phone will be returned at the end of the day,
-Second offence, your parents will need to collect your phone,
-Third offence, school will keep your phone until the end of half term.
* Report any accident or damage to school immediately to the School Office.
* Follow the school’s Anti -Bullying Policy.
* Try very hard to attend school every day in order to achieve an attendance rate of above 96% ( School Average).
* Develop my Attitudes for Life by focussing on my Perseverance, Independence, Commitment and Organisational Skills.
* Follow instructions at all time.
* Be respectful of all members of the community and accept that if I argue, swear, fight with others that I will be sanctioned and that this may result in exclusion.
Consequences and sanctions if I do not follow the SMWCA Code of Conduct:
These may include:
* After School, Break, Lunchtime detentions
* Community Service at lunchtime and after school
* Time in the Reflection Room
* Parental /Carer Interviews
* Time in the Reconciliation Room away from all other students
* Governor Disciplinary Committee
* Fixed Term Exclusion
* Possibility of Permanent Exclusion
By signing this contract all students are agreeing to support the school in the identified areas and help to create an ethos of respect and care.
________________________________ Form Tutor Date___________________