Admissions and Appeals
School Admissions Policy
St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy is part of the Newman Collegiate. The admissions authority for the school is the Board of Directors of the Newman Collegiate who has responsibility for admissions to this school. The Board of Directors has delegated responsibility for the administration of the
admissions process to the Academy Committee of St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy. The admissions process for St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy is part of the Stoke-on-Trent Local Authority co-ordinated admissions scheme. To apply for a place at St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy in the normal admissions round (excluding admission to Year 12), an application must be made using the school admission application process of the local authority in which you live naming St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy on the application form.
To find out more about our admissions process:
Please click on the following link to access the Admission Appeal Hearing Application
Sixth Form Admissions Policy
The Trinity Sixth Form at St Margaret Ward is dedicated to the education and development of the whole person, so that all students can realise their full potential.
To achieve this as a community we will:
- Provide the highest standards of teaching and learning;
- Expect students to show commitment to their studies and respect the Christian values of the partners within Trinity Sixth Form;
- Expect all members of Trinity Sixth Form to show respect for the views of others;
- Provide equality of opportunity, with mutual respect and positive encouragement;
- Build and further develop a partnership with parents, schools, parishes and religious communities, higher education and the local community;
- Value staff and support their professional development
Please click the link below for more information and to access our Sixth Form Admissions Policy