ICT, Business Studies and Computer Science
The ICT, Business Studies and Computing Department aim to deliver a creative and relevant curriculum which is accessible by all learners. We strive to develop our own practice and contribute to innovation across the school.
As a department we aim to produce students who:
- Apply the concepts of ICT to practical, everyday situations
- At KS4, apply the concepts of Business Studies and Computing
- Have a feeling of confidence about their mathematical ability.
- Are ICT literate
- Have a knowledge and understanding of their progress
- Work at and to their maximum potential
- Achieve excellent exam results at GCSE, AS and A2 Level
- Continue to want to develop and study ICT/ Business studies, whether as post 16 students , lifelong learners or recreationally.
- Can access the internet and social media safely and responsibly
As teachers we:
- Will be consistent in practice
- Are enthusiastic about our subject and believe in what we are teaching
- Employ varying teaching and learning styles
- Value all student and staff and students
- Expect high standards of behaviour, punctuality and work
- Will be supportive of staff and students
- Will be efficient in all aspects of our job.
- Will work as effective team players
- Value our own professional development
- Share best practice and our areas of expertise within the department and to support the wider school community.